Check back to this page regularly for current information and resources for parents of students in the DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative.
Upcoming Events for Multi-District Students
EARLY RELEASE FOR DLSEC GOALS and SEALS students on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017.
- GOALS classes will release at 12:35 pm.
- SEALS classes at YIS will release at 12:50 pm.
- SEALS classes at YHS will release at 1:00 pm.
Parents may find information about meals for students in the Multi-District Program at http://www.yoakumisd.net/domain/4.
DLSEC serves students with special needs in two Multi-District programs–SEALS and GOALS. SEALS stands for Special Education Academic and Life Skills while GOALS stands for Giving Opportunities, Accelerating Learning and Socialization.
Please contact SEALS Coordinator Mary Kay Fishbeck at (361)293-2854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Community Resources Coordination Group – crcg.hhs.texas.gov/
- DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative – dlsec.org
- DLSEC Information for Parents Webpage – dlsec.org/wp/dlsec-home/information-for-parents/
- Education Service Center, Region 3 – esc3.org
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (US Department of Education) – www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (US Department of Education) – sites.ed.gov/idea/
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process – framework.esc18.net
- News-2-You – www.n2y.com
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – www.crisisprevention.com/
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services – http://www.dars.state.tx.us/
- Texas Education Agency – tea.texas.gov
- Turtle Wing Foundation — www.turtlewingfoundation.org
- Unique Learning Systems – www.n2y.com
- Yoakum Independent School District – www.yoakumisd.net
- Texas Employment and Transition Guide
- Procedural Safeguards –English, March 2016 Revision
- Procedural Safeguards–Spanish, March 2016 Revision
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–English, April 2016
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–Spanish, April 2016
- ARD Agenda
- ARD Agenda (Spanish)
- ARD Survey
- ARD Survey (Spanish)
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records (Spanish)
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education (Spanish)
- Special Education Rules and Regulations Side-by-Side -Not available in Spanish
65+ Awesome Apps for Autism
This collection of useful apps is divided into the following categories:
- Learning Apps
- Social Skills Apps
- Self-Calming/Self-Awareness Apps
- Speech, Sign Language, and Augmentative Communication Apps
- Staff Tools Apps
- Bullying Prevention Apps
This FREE, online training is intended for parents, educators, and community members. The modules are available in English or Spanish. Click here to view the registration and access information.