Check back to this page regularly for current information and resources for parents of students in the DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative.
Upcoming Events for Multi-District Students
Calendar ChangeYoakum ISD has amended the district calendar. December 20 and 21, 2018, will now be holidays for students and staff including DLSEC Multi-District students in the RISE and GOALS programs.February 18 and April 5, 2019, will now be regular instructional days. The revised Yoakum ISD calendar is available at https://www.yoakumisd.net/cms/lib3/TX01001553/Centricity/Domain/5/2018-2019_District_Calendar.pdf.
DLSEC Multi-District RISE and GOALS students will have holidays on Thursday, December 20, 2018, through Monday, January 7, 2019. Classes will resume on regular schedule on Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
DLSEC offices will be closed Monday, December 24, 2018, through Thursday, January 3, 2019. We will reopen at 8:00 am on Friday, January 4, 2019.
Students in the DLSEC Multi-District Programs follow the Yoakum ISD calendar. You may access it at https://www.yoakumisd.net/cms/lib3/TX01001553/Centricity/Domain/5/2018-2019_District_Calendar.pdf.
School supplies lists have been mailed home. They are also in the images below. If you have any questions about the requested school supplies, please contact the Multi-District Principal, Tessa Sanchez, at (361)293-2854.
Parents may find information about meals for students in the Multi-District Program at http://www.yoakumisd.net/domain/4.
Please contact Multi-District Principal Tessa Sanchez at (361)293-2854 or email@example.com for more information.
- Community Resources Coordination Group – crcg.hhs.texas.gov/
- DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative – dlsec.org
- DLSEC Information for Parents Webpage – dlsec.org/wp/dlsec-home/information-for-parents/
- Education Service Center, Region 3 – esc3.org
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (US Department of Education) – www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (US Department of Education) – sites.ed.gov/idea/
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process – framework.esc18.net
- News-2-You – www.n2y.com
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – www.crisisprevention.com/
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services – http://www.dars.state.tx.us/
- Texas Education Agency – tea.texas.gov
- Turtle Wing Foundation — www.turtlewingfoundation.org
- Unique Learning Systems – www.n2y.com
- Yoakum Independent School District – www.yoakumisd.net
- Texas Employment and Transition Guide
- Procedural Safeguards –English
- Procedural Safeguards–Spanish
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–English
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–Spanish
- ARD Agenda
- ARD Agenda (Spanish)
- ARD Survey
- ARD Survey (Spanish)
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records (Spanish)
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education (Spanish)
- Special Education Rules and Regulations Side-by-Side -Not available in Spanish
65+ Awesome Apps for Autism
This collection of useful apps is divided into the following categories:
- Learning Apps
- Social Skills Apps
- Self-Calming/Self-Awareness Apps
- Speech, Sign Language, and Augmentative Communication Apps
- Staff Tools Apps
- Bullying Prevention Apps
This FREE, online training is intended for parents, educators, and community members. The modules are available in English or Spanish. Click here to view the registration and access information.