Check back to this page regularly for current information and resources for parents of students in the DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative.
Upcoming Events for Multi-District Students
The following list includes the DLSEC events planned for our RISE students and staff. More information will be provided closer to the events.
- STAAR Alternate 2 Window–March 30-April 21, 2020
- DLSEC RISE Easter Egg Hunt–Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- DeWitt-Lavaca Special Olympics Track Meet–Friday, April 17, 2020
- DLSEC RISE Reel Fishin’–Date to Be Determined
- DLSEC RISE High School Prom (sponsored by Yoakum High School PALS)–Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- DLSEC RISE Graduation & Awards Ceremony–Tuesday, May 19, 2020
NOTICE: All YISD campuses will be using Raptor Visitor Management System. Please see the letter below that will be going home with our students on September 16, 2019, for more information. (Click here for a pdf version of the letter.)
Student Program Guides
School Day Times
Maps for RISE and GOALS Locations:
Click on the links below to access the school supplies lists by level.
Students in the DLSEC Multi-District Programs follow the Yoakum ISD calendar. You may access it at https://www.yoakumisd.net/cms/lib3/TX01001553/Centricity/Domain/5/2019-2020_District_Calendar_Handicap_Accessible.pdf.
TBP provides free library services including audiobooks for persons who are unable to read standard print due to physical, visual, or reading disability, including people who have been determined to be at risk for dyslexia. For more information, visit the Texas Talking Book Program’s website.
[Posted in accordance with Texas SB 2075, 86th Legislature]
Parents may find information about meals for students in the Multi-District Program at http://www.yoakumisd.net/domain/4.
Please contact Multi-District Principal Tessa Sanchez at (361)293-2854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Community Resources Coordination Group – crcg.hhs.texas.gov/
- DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative – dlsec.org
- DLSEC Information for Parents Webpage – dlsec.org/wp/dlsec-home/information-for-parents/
- Education Service Center, Region 3 – esc3.org
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (US Department of Education) – www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (US Department of Education) – sites.ed.gov/idea/
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process – framework.esc18.net
- News-2-You – www.n2y.com
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – www.crisisprevention.com/
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services – http://www.dars.state.tx.us/
- Texas Education Agency – tea.texas.gov
- Turtle Wing Foundation — www.turtlewingfoundation.org
- Unique Learning Systems – www.n2y.com
- Yoakum Independent School District – www.yoakumisd.net
- Texas Employment and Transition Guide
- Procedural Safeguards –English
- Procedural Safeguards–Spanish
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–English
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–Spanish
- ARD Agenda
- ARD Agenda (Spanish)
- ARD Survey
- ARD Survey (Spanish)
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records (Spanish)
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education (Spanish)
- Special Education Rules and Regulations Side-by-Side -Not available in Spanish
65+ Awesome Apps for Autism
This collection of useful apps is divided into the following categories:
- Learning Apps
- Social Skills Apps
- Self-Calming/Self-Awareness Apps
- Speech, Sign Language, and Augmentative Communication Apps
- Staff Tools Apps
- Bullying Prevention Apps
This FREE, online training is intended for parents, educators, and community members. The modules are available in English or Spanish. Click here to view the registration and access information.