March 30, 2020 Update
Reminder to Parents: Packet pick up is today.
At this time for the safety of our students, staff, and community, we find it necessary to cancel all DLSEC special events for the month of April. This includes our annual Easter Egg Hunt, prom, and Reel Fishin’.
We look forward to rescheduling any of these events that we are able to reschedule at a later date.
March 26, 2020 Update
For multi-district students in the RISE and GOALS classrooms, home-based instructional packets are coming your way on Monday, March 30, 2020.
Pick-up times are as follows:
7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
To help protect the safety of everyone involved, please stay in your vehicle. Personnel will deliver the packets to your vehicle. We will distribute the packets at locations listed below.
Yoakum ISD students:
- Yoakum Primary Annex
- Multi-District Elementary Building (RISE Building at YIS)
- Yoakum RISE Portables (at YHS)
Hallettsville ISD students:
Shiner, Vysehrad & Moulton ISD students:
- Shiner Public School
Yorktown ISD students:
- Yorktown Elementary
If you need additional information, contact your child’s teacher or call (361)293-2854.
March 23, 2020 Update
To our DLSEC family,
Our staff is working on developing non-face-to-face instruction for students and will remain closed until April 3, 2020. Each of our nine member districts is creating ways to distribute food to meet their students’ nutritional needs.
Staff in the RISE and GOALS programs will be attempting to contact families to determine the most appropriate forms of instruction to offer.
For questions relating to meals, please contact the student’s home district. For questions relating to instruction and services, please contact the student’s teacher by email or at (361)293-3076.
All of our students are in our thoughts and we hope we will be back to “normal” (or whatever that looks like post-COVID-19) soon!
March 19, 2020 Update
At this time and in accordance with Governor Abbott’s orders regarding the closure of schools, the RISE and GOALS programs will be closed for students until April 3, 2020. Each of our member districts will be working on plans for providing meals to children in its district. During the time that our programs are closed, we will be working diligently to plan for instruction for our students as the pandemic situation and governing authorities dictate.
Please be assured that our staff will be taking all necessary precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for when our students are able to return.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.
Visit Yoakum ISD’s webpage for current information from our DLSEC fiscal agent.
March 10, 2020 Update
A letter is being sent home with each RISE and GOALS student regarding Coronavirus Diseas 2019 (COVID-19). View the letter here.
Check back to this page regularly for current information and resources for parents of students in the DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative.
Family members can call or log on to find answers to their questions as well as general information about special education.
Upcoming Events for Multi-District Students
The following list includes the DLSEC events planned for our RISE students and staff. More information will be provided closer to the events.
STAAR Alternate 2 Window–March 30-April 21, 2020 DLSEC RISE Easter Egg Hunt–Wednesday, April 8, 2020 DeWitt-Lavaca Special Olympics Track Meet–Friday, April 17, 2020 DLSEC RISE Reel Fishin’–Friday, April 24, 2020 DLSEC RISE High School Prom (sponsored by Yoakum High School PALS)–Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- DLSEC RISE Graduation & Awards Ceremony–Tuesday, May 19, 2020
NOTICE: All YISD campuses will be using Raptor Visitor Management System. Please see the letter below that will be going home with our students on September 16, 2019, for more information. (Click here for a pdf version of the letter.)
Student Program Guides
School Day Times
Maps for RISE and GOALS Locations:
Click on the links below to access the school supplies lists by level.
Students in the DLSEC Multi-District Programs follow the Yoakum ISD calendar. You may access it at https://www.yoakumisd.net/cms/lib3/TX01001553/Centricity/Domain/5/2019-2020_District_Calendar_Handicap_Accessible.pdf.
TBP provides free library services including audiobooks for persons who are unable to read standard print due to physical, visual, or reading disability, including people who have been determined to be at risk for dyslexia. For more information, visit the Texas Talking Book Program’s website.
[Posted in accordance with Texas SB 2075, 86th Legislature]
Parents may find information about meals for students in the Multi-District Program at http://www.yoakumisd.net/domain/4.
Please contact Multi-District Principal Tessa Sanchez at (361)293-2854 or email@example.com for more information.
- Community Resources Coordination Group – crcg.hhs.texas.gov/
- DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Cooperative – dlsec.org
- DLSEC Information for Parents Webpage – dlsec.org/wp/dlsec-home/information-for-parents/
- Education Service Center, Region 3 – esc3.org
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (US Department of Education) – www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (US Department of Education) – sites.ed.gov/idea/
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process – framework.esc18.net
- News-2-You – www.n2y.com
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – www.crisisprevention.com/
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services – http://www.dars.state.tx.us/
- Texas Education Agency – tea.texas.gov
- Turtle Wing Foundation — www.turtlewingfoundation.org
- Unique Learning Systems – www.n2y.com
- Yoakum Independent School District – www.yoakumisd.net
- Texas Employment and Transition Guide
- Procedural Safeguards –English
- Procedural Safeguards–Spanish
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–English
- Parent’s Guide to Admission, Review, & Dismissal Process–Spanish
- ARD Agenda
- ARD Agenda (Spanish)
- ARD Survey
- ARD Survey (Spanish)
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records
- Confidentiality of Special Education Records (Spanish)
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education
- Acronyms Commonly Used in Special Education (Spanish)
- Special Education Rules and Regulations Side-by-Side -Not available in Spanish
65+ Awesome Apps for Autism
This collection of useful apps is divided into the following categories:
- Learning Apps
- Social Skills Apps
- Self-Calming/Self-Awareness Apps
- Speech, Sign Language, and Augmentative Communication Apps
- Staff Tools Apps
- Bullying Prevention Apps
This FREE, online training is intended for parents, educators, and community members. The modules are available in English or Spanish. Click here to view the registration and access information.